Part of making sure that you are prepared to recover from a major disaster, is making sure that your IT staff will be there when you need them and where you need them.
Complete Network Management, Inc and its Disaster Recovery Committee has been given the challenge of making sure that we will be here and available to you should a storm affect our area.
We have spent a lot of time and money to better prepare ourselves to meet the challenges our area presents to us. We believe we are stronger and more prepared than ever before. We’ve taken many steps to ensure that we are able to provide you with the critical service that you will need and we would like to share some of those with you.
Our team of people have all prepared personal disaster plans that will enable them to quickly prepare their families and homes for evacuation. This will allow us to be available to assist you with your preparations if necessary provided you have submitted your plans and our roles on that plan to us.
Facility and Staffing
- We’ve relocated to a new two story 6800 Square foot facility that is not located in a flood zone. We’ve located our critical equipment in sealed cabinets and located then on the second floor to protect them from any rising water situation.
- We’ve installed a backup generator that can run most of our facilities should we lose power for an extended period of time. In addition, we’ve raised this generator and A/C units an additional 4 foot to ensure that catastrophic water levels would not damage our generator.
- We’ve isolated the second floor of our facilities to enable us to power our second floor in the case water were to rise to unprecedented levels in our area.
- We’ve constructed new easy to install window guards to protect or facility from flying debris. These will allow us to prepare our facilities quickly to be available for our customers needs.
- We’ve transferred our phone services to Bell South to make sure there are no middle men that may fail and cause us to lose phone services
- We’ve purchased redundant Internet Provisions to ensure we have Internet Access.
- We’ve purchased new devices that will allow us to use our workstations as phones over the Internet should all local and/or long distance service fail.
- We’ve updated our evacuation plan to strategically place key employees in areas of the state that they are able to support us from out of our area.
- We’ve enter into reciprocal agreements with other vendors to provide us with additional manpower should we need it after an event.
Planning and Preparation
Our disaster recovery team has been working with our customers to prepare their systems. Scheduling Disaster Plan Preparation with CNM gets you access to the people who know what works and what doesn’t, and most importantly, work with you to build a detailed list of preparations and procedures that need to be followed before, during and after an event. With you and your staffs’ commitment to properly prepare your business, you can be confident that your business will be there when your customers need you the most.
CNM is committed to be there for you through this season and for many more thereafter. We wish you well and invite you to visit the links on the right side of this page for more information on preparedness.